BRAZIL: CBD plans 500 new stores in 2013
CBD targets 2013 growth
Brazilian retail giant CBD plans to open 500 new stores in 2013.
Speaking during an interview published by the company, CBD president and chief executive Eneas Pestana revealed that CBD - also known as Grupo Pao de Acucar - would create around 30,000 jobs through the move.
Pestana said the new store openings would bring CBD's retail formats to areas where Brazil's largest retailer is "not present".
In 2013, Pestana indicated that "the emphasis" will be placed on "accelerating" store openings under its Assaí and Extra Mini Market formats. He added that CBD expects to deliver organic growth in all formats.
Food Retail in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descri...
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK