BRAZIL: CBD plans 500 new stores in 2013
CBD targets 2013 growth
Brazilian retail giant CBD plans to open 500 new stores in 2013.
Speaking during an interview published by the company, CBD president and chief executive Eneas Pestana revealed that CBD - also known as Grupo Pao de Acucar - would create around 30,000 jobs through the move.
Pestana said the new store openings would bring CBD's retail formats to areas where Brazil's largest retailer is "not present".
In 2013, Pestana indicated that "the emphasis" will be placed on "accelerating" store openings under its Assaí and Extra Mini Market formats. He added that CBD expects to deliver organic growth in all formats.
- Why Heinz-Kraft merger could herald more deals
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- Where could pure-play Wessanen pounce?
- Mondelez coy on Philadelphia sale rumours
- Aryzta in talks to buy 49% of French grocer Picard
- Innocent to axe veg, noodle pots
- Glanbia quits PZ Cussons Nigeria venture
- Unilever adds butter to Stork to boost UK sales