BRAZIL: CBD plans 500 new stores in 2013
CBD targets 2013 growth
Brazilian retail giant CBD plans to open 500 new stores in 2013.
Speaking during an interview published by the company, CBD president and chief executive Eneas Pestana revealed that CBD - also known as Grupo Pao de Acucar - would create around 30,000 jobs through the move.
Pestana said the new store openings would bring CBD's retail formats to areas where Brazil's largest retailer is "not present".
In 2013, Pestana indicated that "the emphasis" will be placed on "accelerating" store openings under its Assaí and Extra Mini Market formats. He added that CBD expects to deliver organic growth in all formats.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis