BRAZIL: CBD posts rise in Q2 sales
Brazil's largest supermarket chain Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao (CBD), also known as Pao de Acucar, has reported a 10.7% rise in same-store net sales in nominal terms for the second quarter. The company said the improved sales were helped by higher consumer prices and rising food sales volumes, but were also hurt by high lending rates and falling sales in the non-food segment, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega