BRAZIL/FRANCE: CBD to showcase Brazilian products in Casino's French stores
Brazilian retailer Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao (CBD) is to showcase some of its Brazilian products in French supermarkets operated by France's Casino.
The companies will host a ten-day Brazilian festival starting on 9 June, during which time 140 Brazilian goods, including confectionery and sugar cane liquor, will be available in 700 Casino stores, reported Reuters.
"It's the biggest ever promotional event with Brazilian products in an international retail network," Cesar Suaki, executive commercial director of CBD, was quoted by Reuters as saying.
The move was welcomed by Luiz Fernando Furlan, Brazil's trade minister, who said the initiative was a way to "show off Brazil".
Casino has a 24% stake in CBD.
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid