UK: CC confirms release of emerging thinking document
The UK's Competition Commission has confirmed that it will release its emerging thinking document tomorrow (23 January). The document represents the preliminary findings of its investigation into the UK's grocery sector.
The findings of the Commission's emerging thinking document were scheduled for release this month after it extended the original December deadline.
The CC has emphasised the limited nature of the document. "The emerging thinking document is only a progress report, which outlines the evidence that we've received thus far and the next steps in the inquiry," the government watchdog said. "We won't be making any conclusions on the issues or indeed be discussing any potential actions or remedies. The provisional findings report is not due until June so we will have more work and investigation to do in all the areas the inquiry is covering."
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review