UK: CC confirms release of emerging thinking document
The UK's Competition Commission has confirmed that it will release its emerging thinking document tomorrow (23 January). The document represents the preliminary findings of its investigation into the UK's grocery sector.
The findings of the Commission's emerging thinking document were scheduled for release this month after it extended the original December deadline.
The CC has emphasised the limited nature of the document. "The emerging thinking document is only a progress report, which outlines the evidence that we've received thus far and the next steps in the inquiry," the government watchdog said. "We won't be making any conclusions on the issues or indeed be discussing any potential actions or remedies. The provisional findings report is not due until June so we will have more work and investigation to do in all the areas the inquiry is covering."
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1