FRANCE: CCA bids for Paul Predault
French food processing group, CCA, which owns one of France's best known tinned meals brand, William Saurin, has made a €22m (US$23.6m) bid to acquire cold meats specialist, Paul Predault. Majority-owned by its company's founder, Alain Predo, Paul Predault posted a 2002 turnover of €85.9m, down 8.8% on the previous year. However, it maintained its 7% share of France's sliced ham market and its 9% share of the pre-packed market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action