FRANCE: Cecab in frozen veg sale talks with PinguinLutosa
Cecab to sell frozen veg unit
Brittany food co-op Cecab is in exclusive talks with Belgian group PinguinLutosa over the sale of its subsidiary, Aucy Frozen Foods.
As part of the deal, which is expected to be completed by the end of 2010 and take effect from January 2011, Cecab would take a minority stake in PinguinLutosa.
Aucy Frozen Foods employs 750 staff and operated eight production sites. Sales reached 145,000 tonnes in 2009.
For its part, PinguinLutosa has a workforce of over 1,700 staff and eight plants in Europe, producing 260,000 tonnes of frozen vegetables and 360,000 tonnes of frozen chips.
Belgium-based frozen-food group PinguinLutosa has recorded a 9% rise in third-quarter revenue as sales growth accelerated from the first half of the year....
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand