CHILE/ARGENTINA: Cecinas Llanquihue will export meat to Argentina
Cecinas Llanquihue, one of Chile's most important cured and sausage meat producers and located in southern Region X, will begin exporting to Argentina in January or February of next year, general manager Enrique Modinger announced in late October.Supermarkets in Buenos Aires and southern Argentina have sought out the Chilean sausage meat producer due to the demand from expatriate Chileans, he said.Modinger added that the company is optimistic about its prospects in the Argentine market, noting that the per capita consumption of cured and sausage meat is only 7 kilos in that country, compared to 15 in Chile.Cecinas Llanquihue was founded in 1955, although the owners, the Modinger family, began the trade in 1911. It produces 7,000 tons of curedand sausage meats a year, with 150 different products, including special products, such as vienesas, a type of frankfurter, and longanizas, a type of spicy pork sausage. It has a 20,000 cubic meter production plant in Region X, and has its own beef and pork producers which supply 100% and 15% of its meat respectively.The company estimates sales of over US$22.7m for this year, up 5% on 1999. It was not particularly affected by Chile's recession as most of its products are directed to the ABC1 category.Cecinas Llanquihue aims to increase production to 10,000 tons a year in the near future, and has invested US$4m in the last eighteen months to achieve this target. It is also investing US$3m over the next two years to expand its warehouses in Punta Arenas, Coyhaique and La Serena to improve its national distribution.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review