CANADA: Celebrate Summer with Sweet Vidalia Onions
Sweet Vidalia Onion Update. Did you think that the Vidalia Onion season was over? Well, the good news is you can enjoy the sweet, juicy taste of those Southern Belles from storage until the end of October.Declared the "world's sweetest onion", these "American Beauties" won't make you cry. So beat the heat this barbecue season with Sweet Vidalia Onions. Serve them raw or grilled, tossed in salads or topping your favourite sandwich, burger or pizza. Delicious!And along with the sweetness and great taste, you get all the healthy benefits. Onions contain the antioxidant quercetin, which helps slow down or delay damage to cells or body tissue, helping protect against certain cancers, cardiovascular disease and cataracts.Used as a staple in every cuisine around the world, no cook or backyard chef can survive without the onion - but you can do without the tears. So pick up some Sweet Vidalia Onions and celebrate summer, without the heat!
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega