CANADA: Celebrate Summer with Sweet Vidalia Onions
Sweet Vidalia Onion Update. Did you think that the Vidalia Onion season was over? Well, the good news is you can enjoy the sweet, juicy taste of those Southern Belles from storage until the end of October.Declared the "world's sweetest onion", these "American Beauties" won't make you cry. So beat the heat this barbecue season with Sweet Vidalia Onions. Serve them raw or grilled, tossed in salads or topping your favourite sandwich, burger or pizza. Delicious!And along with the sweetness and great taste, you get all the healthy benefits. Onions contain the antioxidant quercetin, which helps slow down or delay damage to cells or body tissue, helping protect against certain cancers, cardiovascular disease and cataracts.Used as a staple in every cuisine around the world, no cook or backyard chef can survive without the onion - but you can do without the tears. So pick up some Sweet Vidalia Onions and celebrate summer, without the heat!
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week