CANADA: Celebrate Summer with Sweet Vidalia Onions
Sweet Vidalia Onion Update. Did you think that the Vidalia Onion season was over? Well, the good news is you can enjoy the sweet, juicy taste of those Southern Belles from storage until the end of October.Declared the "world's sweetest onion", these "American Beauties" won't make you cry. So beat the heat this barbecue season with Sweet Vidalia Onions. Serve them raw or grilled, tossed in salads or topping your favourite sandwich, burger or pizza. Delicious!And along with the sweetness and great taste, you get all the healthy benefits. Onions contain the antioxidant quercetin, which helps slow down or delay damage to cells or body tissue, helping protect against certain cancers, cardiovascular disease and cataracts.Used as a staple in every cuisine around the world, no cook or backyard chef can survive without the onion - but you can do without the tears. So pick up some Sweet Vidalia Onions and celebrate summer, without the heat!
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses