CANADA: Celebrate Summer with Sweet Vidalia Onions
Sweet Vidalia Onion Update. Did you think that the Vidalia Onion season was over? Well, the good news is you can enjoy the sweet, juicy taste of those Southern Belles from storage until the end of October.Declared the "world's sweetest onion", these "American Beauties" won't make you cry. So beat the heat this barbecue season with Sweet Vidalia Onions. Serve them raw or grilled, tossed in salads or topping your favourite sandwich, burger or pizza. Delicious!And along with the sweetness and great taste, you get all the healthy benefits. Onions contain the antioxidant quercetin, which helps slow down or delay damage to cells or body tissue, helping protect against certain cancers, cardiovascular disease and cataracts.Used as a staple in every cuisine around the world, no cook or backyard chef can survive without the onion - but you can do without the tears. So pick up some Sweet Vidalia Onions and celebrate summer, without the heat!
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre