CHILE: Cencosud files for US IPO
Chilean retailer Cencosud plans to raise up to US$718m in an initial public offering of American depository shares in New York.
The company, which lists shares on three exchanges in Chile, said it intends to list its ADS on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol CNCO, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Pricing terms of the offering were not disclosed.
The company said it plans to use the proceeds to repay debt and acquire the remaining 38.6% shares of its subsidiary Jumbo Retail Argentina currently held by UBS London, as well as for "capital expenditures, working capital and general corporate purposes".
All of the shares of common stock will initially be sold in one block through a book auction on the Santiago Stock Exchange.
The Chilean government has thrown its weight behind a fresh drive to increase food exports from the country, with the introduction of a "from Chile" mark....
French retailer Carrefour has struck a deal to sell its Colombian business to Chilean group Cencosud in an agreement valued at EUR2bn (US$3.2bn)....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis