CHILE: Cencosud revenue driven by same-store sales
Chilean retailer Cencosud posted an 18.9% increase in net income during the third quarter to reach CLP45.3bn (US$93.5m).
For the quarter ended 30 September, the company reported a 13% increase in revenue to reach CLP1.5trn.
Operating income in its supermarket division grew 5.8% to CLP57.8bn, meanwhile, operating margin fell to 5.3% from 5.6% in the same quarter of 2009.
The retailer said that sales were driven up by double-digit same-store sale growth in Argentina, Chile and Brazil.
Chile-based retailer Cencosud has reported a 23.8% rise in 2010 net income on the back of higher sales across its different store formats....
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand