CHILE: Cencosud revenue driven by same-store sales
Chilean retailer Cencosud posted an 18.9% increase in net income during the third quarter to reach CLP45.3bn (US$93.5m).
For the quarter ended 30 September, the company reported a 13% increase in revenue to reach CLP1.5trn.
Operating income in its supermarket division grew 5.8% to CLP57.8bn, meanwhile, operating margin fell to 5.3% from 5.6% in the same quarter of 2009.
The retailer said that sales were driven up by double-digit same-store sale growth in Argentina, Chile and Brazil.
Chile-based retailer Cencosud has reported a 23.8% rise in 2010 net income on the back of higher sales across its different store formats....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020