CHILE: Cencosud revenue driven by same-store sales
Chilean retailer Cencosud posted an 18.9% increase in net income during the third quarter to reach CLP45.3bn (US$93.5m).
For the quarter ended 30 September, the company reported a 13% increase in revenue to reach CLP1.5trn.
Operating income in its supermarket division grew 5.8% to CLP57.8bn, meanwhile, operating margin fell to 5.3% from 5.6% in the same quarter of 2009.
The retailer said that sales were driven up by double-digit same-store sale growth in Argentina, Chile and Brazil.
Chile-based retailer Cencosud has reported a 23.8% rise in 2010 net income on the back of higher sales across its different store formats....
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Young's eyeing new channels, M&A