CHILE: Cencosud revenue driven by same-store sales
Chilean retailer Cencosud posted an 18.9% increase in net income during the third quarter to reach CLP45.3bn (US$93.5m).
For the quarter ended 30 September, the company reported a 13% increase in revenue to reach CLP1.5trn.
Operating income in its supermarket division grew 5.8% to CLP57.8bn, meanwhile, operating margin fell to 5.3% from 5.6% in the same quarter of 2009.
The retailer said that sales were driven up by double-digit same-store sale growth in Argentina, Chile and Brazil.
Chile-based retailer Cencosud has reported a 23.8% rise in 2010 net income on the back of higher sales across its different store formats....
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Brands and own-label do battle in western Europe
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez abandons Hershey pursuit
- Arla points to branded growth as group sales slide
- Samworth buys Euphorium bakery in UK
- Chobani expands into Mexico