CHILE: Cencosud revenue driven by same-store sales
Chilean retailer Cencosud posted an 18.9% increase in net income during the third quarter to reach CLP45.3bn (US$93.5m).
For the quarter ended 30 September, the company reported a 13% increase in revenue to reach CLP1.5trn.
Operating income in its supermarket division grew 5.8% to CLP57.8bn, meanwhile, operating margin fell to 5.3% from 5.6% in the same quarter of 2009.
The retailer said that sales were driven up by double-digit same-store sale growth in Argentina, Chile and Brazil.
Chile-based retailer Cencosud has reported a 23.8% rise in 2010 net income on the back of higher sales across its different store formats....
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- US performance weighs on General Mills