CHILE: Cencosud sees Q1 profits slide
Chilean retailer Cencosud has seen first-quarter net profit slide by 38.6% as a result of increased expenses and a drop in operating profit.
Net profit for the period slumped to CHP15.12bn (US$26m) from CHP24.65bn in the same period of 2008.
Operating profit was also down, falling 14.8% to CHP57.3bn, but sales were up a solid 11.8% year-on-year to CHP1.33tn.
Consolidated EBITDA also dropped, by 6.5% to CHP86.3m.
Cencosud saw revenues in its Chilean hypermarkets increase 4.2% to CHP192.8m.
A 4.5% rise in nominal same store sales for the retailer's Argentinean stores meant net revenues increased 24.9% in the first quarter, reaching CHP78.2m.
During March, Cencosud signed an agreement to sell its stake in Inmobiliaria Mall Calama.
Last month, the retailer also acquired Casino's shares in Easy Holland BV, owner of Easy Colombia, increasing its participation to 100%.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom