USA: Cenex Harvest States Adds Tortilla and Lefse Brands
Cenex Harvest States Cooperatives has acquired the tortilla and lefse business of Bec-Lin of Perham, Inc., a privately owned, Minnesota-based company. The business transaction was closed in June; financial details were not disclosed.The company's Monteray Wraps and El Gran Deli tortillas, as well as Scandinavian Premium and Aunt Julia lefse will be produced at Cenex Harvest States' New Brighton, Minn., facility."We're very pleased that Bec-Lin has joined our growing tortilla and chip business," said Greg Loeschke, vice president of business development for Cenex Harvest States' Consumer Products Group. "We also look forward to continuing the important supplier relationships with all of Bec-Lin's many retail, foodservice and institutional customers, including the rapidly growing Taco Johns restaurant chain." Earlier in June, Cenex Harvest States announced the completion of its purchase of Sparta Foods, a publicly held tortilla and tortilla chip manufacturer headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, Minn.Cenex Harvest States (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report