USA: Cenex Harvest States Adds Tortilla and Lefse Brands
Cenex Harvest States Cooperatives has acquired the tortilla and lefse business of Bec-Lin of Perham, Inc., a privately owned, Minnesota-based company. The business transaction was closed in June; financial details were not disclosed.The company's Monteray Wraps and El Gran Deli tortillas, as well as Scandinavian Premium and Aunt Julia lefse will be produced at Cenex Harvest States' New Brighton, Minn., facility."We're very pleased that Bec-Lin has joined our growing tortilla and chip business," said Greg Loeschke, vice president of business development for Cenex Harvest States' Consumer Products Group. "We also look forward to continuing the important supplier relationships with all of Bec-Lin's many retail, foodservice and institutional customers, including the rapidly growing Taco Johns restaurant chain." Earlier in June, Cenex Harvest States announced the completion of its purchase of Sparta Foods, a publicly held tortilla and tortilla chip manufacturer headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, Minn.Cenex Harvest States (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti