USA: Cenex Harvest States Adds Tortilla and Lefse Brands
Cenex Harvest States Cooperatives has acquired the tortilla and lefse business of Bec-Lin of Perham, Inc., a privately owned, Minnesota-based company. The business transaction was closed in June; financial details were not disclosed.The company's Monteray Wraps and El Gran Deli tortillas, as well as Scandinavian Premium and Aunt Julia lefse will be produced at Cenex Harvest States' New Brighton, Minn., facility."We're very pleased that Bec-Lin has joined our growing tortilla and chip business," said Greg Loeschke, vice president of business development for Cenex Harvest States' Consumer Products Group. "We also look forward to continuing the important supplier relationships with all of Bec-Lin's many retail, foodservice and institutional customers, including the rapidly growing Taco Johns restaurant chain." Earlier in June, Cenex Harvest States announced the completion of its purchase of Sparta Foods, a publicly held tortilla and tortilla chip manufacturer headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, Minn.Cenex Harvest States (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant