CHINA: Centrale Del Latte Di Torino begins shipments to China
Italian dairy firm Centrale Del Latte Di Torino has delivered its first shipments of UHT milk and soya drinks to China.
The group started weekly shipments last month, it announced this week (4 March). Centrale Del Latte Di Torino said quantities "may vary" but the company estimated it will export around two million litres of product to the Chinese market.
International dairy companies are increasingly working to exploit growing dairy demand in China, where imported milk is viewed as offering higher quality.
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk