CHINA: Centrale Del Latte Di Torino begins shipments to China
Italian dairy firm Centrale Del Latte Di Torino has delivered its first shipments of UHT milk and soya drinks to China.
The group started weekly shipments last month, it announced this week (4 March). Centrale Del Latte Di Torino said quantities "may vary" but the company estimated it will export around two million litres of product to the Chinese market.
International dairy companies are increasingly working to exploit growing dairy demand in China, where imported milk is viewed as offering higher quality.
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Arla Foods unveils strategy for growth up to 2020
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations