CHINA: Centrale Del Latte Di Torino begins shipments to China
Italian dairy firm Centrale Del Latte Di Torino has delivered its first shipments of UHT milk and soya drinks to China.
The group started weekly shipments last month, it announced this week (4 March). Centrale Del Latte Di Torino said quantities "may vary" but the company estimated it will export around two million litres of product to the Chinese market.
International dairy companies are increasingly working to exploit growing dairy demand in China, where imported milk is viewed as offering higher quality.
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- Nestle makes "major pledge" on animal welfare