CHINA: Centrale Del Latte Di Torino begins shipments to China
Italian dairy firm Centrale Del Latte Di Torino has delivered its first shipments of UHT milk and soya drinks to China.
The group started weekly shipments last month, it announced this week (4 March). Centrale Del Latte Di Torino said quantities "may vary" but the company estimated it will export around two million litres of product to the Chinese market.
International dairy companies are increasingly working to exploit growing dairy demand in China, where imported milk is viewed as offering higher quality.
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO
- ConAgra sells two bakeries to Alpha Baking