FRANCE: CEO hails birth of ‘new Carrefour’
Speaking at the World Retail Congress in Barcelona today (29 March), Carrefour CEO Jose Luis Duran said that he was confident in the progress the world's second largest retailer has made, stating that he is confident in the group's platform for future growth.
"A new Carrefour is taking shape," Duran told his audience, emphasising the risks and opportunities presented by emerging markets. Carreofur is currently preparing to expand in Brazil, China and Russia.
Eckhard Cordes, the new chief executive at Metro Group, has spent almost 30 years in the automotive industry and will need all his experience to get the German retail giant back firing on all cylinder...
French retail giant Carrefour is standing firm on its plans to close 16 GB stores in Belgium....
A sale of German retail giant Metro to fellow multinational Carrefour is highly unlikely, just-food understands. Sales in Metro rose today (24 September) amid market speculation that Carrefour could b...
Dutch retail giant Ahold has insisted it will press on with plans to sell its stake in Portuguese venture Jeronimo Martins Retail (JMR)....
French retailer Carrefour today (17 September) denied reports that it is in talks to buy stores in China from the Shanghai Bailian Group....
German conglomerate Tengelmann has admitted it is in talks over the future of its Plus discount stores....
Carrefour has extended its distribution network in Romania with a deal at southern Europe's largest logistics site, Cefin Logistics Park. The retail giant is planning to build up a network of regional...
French retail giant Carrefour is to sell off part of its property portfolio through an IPO slated for next year. The decision from Carrefour, announced this morning (30 August), comes after months of ...
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail