US: Cerberus, Harris Teeter silent on bid report
Cerberus Capital Management and Harris Teeter have refused to be drawn on a report the private-equity firm has bid for the US retailer.
The Wall Street Journal has reported Cerberus has made an offer for the regional grocer.
The WSJ, citing an unnamed source, said Cerberus was mulling a structure that could see part of Harris Teeter still listed.
Speaking to just-food, a Cerberus spokesperson declined to comment. Harris Teeter CFO John Woodlief said: "We refer all inquires to [the] earlier press release and have no additional comments."
On 8 May, Harris Teeter said in an SEC filing discussions with "certain parties regarding strategic alternatives" were "continuing".
In February, Harris Teeter issued a press release to say it had been approached by two unnamed private-equity firms that had expressed an interest in buying the business. It said it had hired JP Morgan to assist with discussions.
Publix Super Markets is a strong regional player and will continue expanding its store base across its operating area as well as in new markets. In 2012, the grocery retailer announced plans to enter ...
Consumer packaged companies in the US, including food manufacturers, are "under-estimating" the potential of the online channel and are no ready to exploit the growth of the sector, research from Delo...
Grocery retailers in the US are adapting to a changing consumer environment by adopting new concepts and creative in-store innovations. Several upscale supermarket retailers, for instance, have expand...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Modern Grocery Retailing market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 0.76 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is th...
We have identified 5 issues that will be crucial to the convenience store format in 2020....
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer