US: Cerberus, Harris Teeter silent on bid report
Cerberus Capital Management and Harris Teeter have refused to be drawn on a report the private-equity firm has bid for the US retailer.
The Wall Street Journal has reported Cerberus has made an offer for the regional grocer.
The WSJ, citing an unnamed source, said Cerberus was mulling a structure that could see part of Harris Teeter still listed.
Speaking to just-food, a Cerberus spokesperson declined to comment. Harris Teeter CFO John Woodlief said: "We refer all inquires to [the] earlier press release and have no additional comments."
On 8 May, Harris Teeter said in an SEC filing discussions with "certain parties regarding strategic alternatives" were "continuing".
In February, Harris Teeter issued a press release to say it had been approached by two unnamed private-equity firms that had expressed an interest in buying the business. It said it had hired JP Morgan to assist with discussions.
Publix Super Markets is a strong regional player and will continue expanding its store base across its operating area as well as in new markets. In 2012, the grocery retailer announced plans to enter ...
Consumer packaged companies in the US, including food manufacturers, are "under-estimating" the potential of the online channel and are no ready to exploit the growth of the sector, research from Delo...
Grocery retailers in the US are adapting to a changing consumer environment by adopting new concepts and creative in-store innovations. Several upscale supermarket retailers, for instance, have expand...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Modern Grocery Retailing market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 0.76 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is th...
Aldi, with its 455 outlets, was the leader in discounters in 2012. Starting to test its “New Generation” concept in 2011, it rolled it out in 2012, providing a facelift to its existing and new stores....
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019