US: Cerberus, Harris Teeter silent on bid report
Cerberus Capital Management and Harris Teeter have refused to be drawn on a report the private-equity firm has bid for the US retailer.
The Wall Street Journal has reported Cerberus has made an offer for the regional grocer.
The WSJ, citing an unnamed source, said Cerberus was mulling a structure that could see part of Harris Teeter still listed.
Speaking to just-food, a Cerberus spokesperson declined to comment. Harris Teeter CFO John Woodlief said: "We refer all inquires to [the] earlier press release and have no additional comments."
On 8 May, Harris Teeter said in an SEC filing discussions with "certain parties regarding strategic alternatives" were "continuing".
In February, Harris Teeter issued a press release to say it had been approached by two unnamed private-equity firms that had expressed an interest in buying the business. It said it had hired JP Morgan to assist with discussions.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Modern Grocery Retailing market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 0.76 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is th...
Consumer packaged companies in the US, including food manufacturers, are "under-estimating" the potential of the online channel and are no ready to exploit the growth of the sector, research from Delo...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details