US: Cerberus, Harris Teeter silent on bid report
Cerberus Capital Management and Harris Teeter have refused to be drawn on a report the private-equity firm has bid for the US retailer.
The Wall Street Journal has reported Cerberus has made an offer for the regional grocer.
The WSJ, citing an unnamed source, said Cerberus was mulling a structure that could see part of Harris Teeter still listed.
Speaking to just-food, a Cerberus spokesperson declined to comment. Harris Teeter CFO John Woodlief said: "We refer all inquires to [the] earlier press release and have no additional comments."
On 8 May, Harris Teeter said in an SEC filing discussions with "certain parties regarding strategic alternatives" were "continuing".
In February, Harris Teeter issued a press release to say it had been approached by two unnamed private-equity firms that had expressed an interest in buying the business. It said it had hired JP Morgan to assist with discussions.
Consumer packaged companies in the US, including food manufacturers, are "under-estimating" the potential of the online channel and are no ready to exploit the growth of the sector, research from Delo...
Ahold has expanded its online business in the US with the opening of a new fulfillment centre in Pennsylvania....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights