US: Cerberus, Harris Teeter silent on bid report
Cerberus Capital Management and Harris Teeter have refused to be drawn on a report the private-equity firm has bid for the US retailer.
The Wall Street Journal has reported Cerberus has made an offer for the regional grocer.
The WSJ, citing an unnamed source, said Cerberus was mulling a structure that could see part of Harris Teeter still listed.
Speaking to just-food, a Cerberus spokesperson declined to comment. Harris Teeter CFO John Woodlief said: "We refer all inquires to [the] earlier press release and have no additional comments."
On 8 May, Harris Teeter said in an SEC filing discussions with "certain parties regarding strategic alternatives" were "continuing".
In February, Harris Teeter issued a press release to say it had been approached by two unnamed private-equity firms that had expressed an interest in buying the business. It said it had hired JP Morgan to assist with discussions.
Publix Super Markets is a strong regional player and will continue expanding its store base across its operating area as well as in new markets. In 2012, the grocery retailer announced plans to enter ...
Consumer packaged companies in the US, including food manufacturers, are "under-estimating" the potential of the online channel and are no ready to exploit the growth of the sector, research from Delo...
Publix Super Markets, Inc. (PUSH) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compi...
Grocery retailers in the US are adapting to a changing consumer environment by adopting new concepts and creative in-store innovations. Several upscale supermarket retailers, for instance, have expand...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Modern Grocery Retailing market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 0.76 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is th...
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape