EUROPE: Cereal bars need killer marketing (COMMENT)
Western European confectionery markets are hardly fast moving: annual growth is just 2.5%, despite enormous spend on marketing and product innovation. But while the scope to boost sales of chocolate and sweets is limited, one category is massively under-exploited: cereal bars account for 14% of Sweden's confectionery sales, but the figure elsewhere in Europe can be as low as a couple of percent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin