US: Cereal group Post estimates FY sales up 7%
Post expects FY sales to have risen
US breakfast cereal group Post Holdings has estimated its sales increased 7% in its most recent financial year.
The Honey Bunches of Oats and Grape-Nuts maker yesterday (13 November) issued preliminary estimates for net sales and adjusted EBITDA for the year to the end of September.
Post said preliminary and unaudited data showed net sales reached a range of US$1.03bn to $1.04bn. Hitting the lower estimate would mean Post's net sales increased 7.4% over the year.
The company estimated its adjusted EBITDA would reach $215-220m. A year ago, Post's adjusted EBITDA was $214.6m.
Post added the initital data includes one month of sales from its acquisition of protein food and drink firm Premier Nutrition Corp.
|Post Holdings Provides Preliminary Unaudited Selected Financial Data for Fiscal 2013|
ST. LOUIS, Nov. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Post Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:POST) today provided certain preliminary unaudited selected financial data for the full fiscal year 2013. This release should be read in conjunction with the financial statements and management's discussion and analysis included in the Company's filings with theSecurities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), as well as the matters discussed under "Risk Factors" in the Company's Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2012.
Preliminary Unaudited Selected Financial Data for Fiscal 2013
The preliminary financial data discussed below consist of estimates derived from Post's internal books and records and have been prepared by, and are the responsibility of, Post's management. The preliminary estimates discussed below are subject to the completion of financial closing procedures, final adjustments and other developments that may arise between now and the time the financial results are finalized. Therefore, actual results may differ materially from these estimates. In addition, preliminary results for fiscal 2013 are not necessarily indicative of operating results for any future period.
The following are preliminary estimates for the Company's fiscal year ended September 30, 2013:
A range for the preliminary unaudited estimates of net sales and Adjusted EBITDA are provided because the financial closing procedures for fiscal 2013 are not yet complete. The above estimates include approximately one month of financial results from the Company's acquisition of Premier Nutrition Corporation on September 1, 2013. All of these preliminary estimates are subject to change. The final reported results may not be within the ranges currently estimated, and the difference may be material.
In addition, Post's preliminary unaudited estimates for fiscal 2013 provided in this release have been prepared by Post's management only based upon information available to it as of the date hereof, and have not been prepared with a view toward compliance with published guidelines of the Securities and Exchange Commissionor the guidelines of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants for the preparation or presentation of financial information.
Original source: Post Holdings
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review