FRANCE: Cerestar announces new board after Cargill acquires majority stake
Following the purchase of Cerestar's 56% majority stake by agribusiness giant Cargill, a public tender offer will now be filed for the remaining 44% shareholding held publicly, at €33 (US$29.1) a share. Commenting on the change of majority shareholder, at the Cerestar Board meeting, Pierre Moraillon said that he welcomes the share purchase: "We believe that this move will create a world leader in the starch industry and bring real advantages for our customers, re-inforcing our capacity to serve them, wherever they operate.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund