EU: Cerestar welcomes EU approval of acquisition by Cargill
Cerestar has welcomed the European Commission decision to give clearance to Cargill's intended acquisition of Montedison's 56% shareholding in Cerestar. The EC decision, announced on Monday, gives final clearance in respect of operations and sales in Continental Europe but provides for an investigation by authorities in the UK into possible impact the acquisition might have on the supply of glucose syrups and blends in the UK.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations