EU: Cerestar welcomes EU approval of acquisition by Cargill
Cerestar has welcomed the European Commission decision to give clearance to Cargill's intended acquisition of Montedison's 56% shareholding in Cerestar. The EC decision, announced on Monday, gives final clearance in respect of operations and sales in Continental Europe but provides for an investigation by authorities in the UK into possible impact the acquisition might have on the supply of glucose syrups and blends in the UK.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action