CANADA: CFIA warn of undeclared wheat in Cedar brand Falafel Legume mix
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers allergic to wheat not to consume Cedar brand Falafel Legume Mix, which has been found to contain wheat that is not declared on the label.
Manufactured by Phoenicia Products Inc., the Falafel Legume Mix is sold in 397g packages bearing UPC 062356 50032 0, and is distributed nationally. Montreal, Quebec-based Phoenicia is voluntarily recalling this product from the marketplace.
The consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to wheat, but so far no illnesses associated with the product have been reported.
For more information, consumers and industry can call the CFIA at one of the following numbers:
In the province of Quebec 1-800-561-3350; or
In other provinces and territories 1-800-442-2342.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund