CANADA: CFIA warns of potential bacteria in Maurer's beer sausage sticks and pepperoni sticks
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Maurer's Meats Ltd. are warning the public not to consume Maurer's brand vacuum packed Beer Sausage Sticks and Pepperoni Sticks, because it is possible that these products support the growth of bacteria responsible for botulism in humans. The affected products were sold without the "KEEP REFRIGERATED" declaration on the labels. Products with the "KEEP REFRIGERATED" declaration are not affected by this recall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units