CANADA: CFIA warns of potential bacteria in Maurer's beer sausage sticks and pepperoni sticks
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Maurer's Meats Ltd. are warning the public not to consume Maurer's brand vacuum packed Beer Sausage Sticks and Pepperoni Sticks, because it is possible that these products support the growth of bacteria responsible for botulism in humans. The affected products were sold without the "KEEP REFRIGERATED" declaration on the labels. Products with the "KEEP REFRIGERATED" declaration are not affected by this recall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid