CANADA: CFIA warns of potential bacteria in Maurer's beer sausage sticks and pepperoni sticks
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Maurer's Meats Ltd. are warning the public not to consume Maurer's brand vacuum packed Beer Sausage Sticks and Pepperoni Sticks, because it is possible that these products support the growth of bacteria responsible for botulism in humans. The affected products were sold without the "KEEP REFRIGERATED" declaration on the labels. Products with the "KEEP REFRIGERATED" declaration are not affected by this recall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK