CANADA: CFIA warns of undeclared milk protein in "Les Pâtes de l'île" pies
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers with allergies to milk protein not to consume "Les Pâtes de l'île" brand "PÂTE À TARTE POUR 2 TARTES DE 8 POUCES" (8 inch pie shells).
This product contains milk protein which is not declared on the label and consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to milk protein.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product, but the manufacturer, Les Pâtes de l'île, Quebec, is voluntarily recalling this product from the marketplace. This product has been distributed in Quebec only.
The affected product is sold in a 500g package with a UPC 0 56326 05300 8. Only products which bear a best-before date from 04 FE 02 through to 21 MA 02 are affected by this recall. The best before date appears on a sticker that is applied to the product and is preceded by a letter.
For more information, consumers and industry can call the CFIA at one of the following numbers:
In the province of Quebec 1-800-561-3350; or
In other provinces and territories 1-800-442-2342.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target