CG Foods "eyes Indian noodle expansion"
CG Foods, part of the Chaudhary Group, is reportedly planning to increase investment in noodle production to build its sales in India.
According to the Economic Times, CG Foods' Wai Wai noodle brand currently generates INR60bn (US$964.8m) in sales and the company reportedly hopes to grow this to INR1trn in the next decade.
CG chairman Binod Chaudhary revealed that in order to support this ambition the group will increase investment in production. The company plans to open new production units in Madhya Pradesh and Assam.
Officials at CG Foods did not respond to requests for comment.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review