US: CH Guenther buys seasonings firm Williams Foods
CH Guenther & Son has bought seasonings maker Williams Foods, a fellow US food group, for an undisclosed sum.
Kansas-based Williams Foods produces brands including Williams, Sun Bird and Country Store, as well as store-brand labels for a variety of major retailers.
CH Guenther & Son president and CEO Dale Tremblay praised his counterpart at Williams, Jim Hock, for his work in building the business.
"Jim and his team have done a tremendous job over the past 50-plus years in taking the Williams brand beyond its original niche in chilli seasoning, and broadening the business across a multitude of brands and product offerings," said Dale Tremblay, president and CEO of CHG.
"We expect his company to be a very nice complement to our consumer business, which includes strong brands like Pioneer and White Wings."
Details of the transaction were not disclosed.
San Antonio-based CH Guenther & Son was founded in Texas in 1851 and produces dry and frozen grain-based food products for both retail and the foodservice industry.
It has six production facilities in the US and two in Europe.
Sectors: Commodities & ingredients
Two of Japan's top convenience store operators are expanding their lines of JPY100 (US$0.93) store-brand frozen foods....
Japanese consumers are increasingly turning to own-label products as food prices rise, a survey has found....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image