AUSTRALIA: Chance told dairy farm aid already urgent
Australian agriculture minister Kim Chance is responding to calls to prioritise financial relief for WA dairy farmers to follow up the extra levy of 11 cents (US$0.57)) per litre of milk agreed in the context of the industry deregulation last year. Chance has confirmed he will push for a further extension of the levy conditions at a high level government meeting of Australian and NewZealand agriculture and resource ministers next month. He also invited the industry to make a submission on spreading over several years tax burdens incurred by dairy farmers in Federal assistance packages, reported the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly