CANADA: Charges hit George Weston
Canadian food giant George Weston has seen first-quarter profits tumble by over a third due largely to restructuring charges.
The company said yesterday (8 May) that operating income slumped 34.9% to $209m during the 12 weeks to 24 March.
George Weston incurred the charges after Loblaw unit, Canada's biggest supermarket chain, recorded costs from laying off workers. George Weston also sustained costs from restructuring initiatives from its Weston Foods unit.
Sales during the first quarter rose 3.2% to $7.2bn, the company said.
Companies: Loblaw Companies Ltd
Restructuring charges have continued to weigh on profits at George Weston, North America's largest baked goods group....
Loblaw Cos, the Canadian food and general retailer, has reported a fall in basic earnings for its second quarter, despite a rise in sales....
Canada's largest grocer Loblaw has posted a sharp decline in first-quarter profits today (1 May), as restructuring charges took their toll on results....
Glengrove Organics, part of the Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation, has gained a listing with the Canadian retailer Loblaw for its large bag format....
Canadian baked goods producer and retail operator George Weston has announced that it is forecasting a loss of up to C$500m (US$428.82m) in the fourth quarter, reflecting a writedown of assets at its ...
Food, commodity and agribusiness company Bunge increased net sales by 14% for the fourth quarter of 2006, bringing in US$7.68bn for the period....
Canadian supermarket operator Loblaw today (8 February) said that it expects fourth quarter profits to remain flat or fall as much as 5% year-on-year, down from previous guidance of growth ranging bet...
Toronto-based retailer Loblaw has appointed William Wells to the position of chief financial officer, as of 2 April....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements