UK: Charlie Bigham's pours US$4.1m into production facility
Charlie Bigham's has invested US4.1m in its production kitchen
UK ready meal manufacturer Charlie Bigham's is to invest GBP2.5m (US$4.1m) on upgrading its production facility in a bid to boost capacity and improve efficiency.
The investment is expected to increase Charlie Bigham's cooking capacity by around a third, a spokesperson for the firm told just-food. The spending will "help the brand get their posh ready meals to more people, while improving food quality and freshness."
The Charlie Bigham's brand has been enjoying year-on-year growth of almost 30%, with sales now over GBP20m.
While financial growth has seen the Charlie Bigham's team increase and more spent on retaining, developing and training employees, the investment "won't necessarily create more jobs at the company". the spokesperson said.
Charlie Bigham's was founded in 1996. Products include cottage pie, lasagne, fish pie, sweet and sour chicken and steak and mushroom pies and are available from retailers Waitrose and Ocado.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis