US: Chedraui acquires 11 stores in California
Mexican retailer Chedraui has acquired 11 Fiesta stores in California through its Bodega Latina subsidiary.
It has signed an agreement to acquire Mexican Fiesta Warehouse Market and its 11 stores with debt. The stores are located in south and central California.
Chedraui is Mexico's fourth-largest retailer and went public in late April.
The company said that with the acquisition it exceeds its growth plan of operating 26 additional stores at the end of this year. It now expects to have 34 new stores by the end of 2010.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action