MEXICO: Chedraui FY sales boosted by store openings
Mexican retailer Chedraui booked an increase in sales and earnings during 2013, boosted by store openings and lower financing costs.
The company said group sales rose 3.7% in the 12-month period, helped by the opening of 13 stores in the year. Sales totalled MXN66.3bn (US$4.99bn) during 2013, the group revealed.
At the end of the year, Chedraui operated 211 Mexican stores and 45 outlets in the US. Mexican same-store sales rose 0.5% while the US like-for-like sales gained 2.5%.
Full-year net income rose 10.5% to MXN1.7bn, boosted by an 18.9% jump in fourth-quarter income when the company felt the benefit of lower financing costs.
Click here for the full announcement from Chedraui.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015