FRANCE: Cheese maker Bongrain 2007 sales up
French dairy group Bongrain has had a healthy 2007, seeing turnover rise almost 10%.
The company saw revenue rise 9.8% to EUR3.4bn (US$4.9bn) as its cheese business continued to grow during the fourth quarter of the year.
Bongrain, which will publish more detailed figures on its 2007 performance next month, added that it saw a growth in sales volumes for its dairy proteins from its dairy ingredients business.
The unit accounts for just under a third of Bongrain's revenue with cheese making up the remainder.
French poultry group Duc has joined forces with dairy group Bongrain to develop a range of luxury products....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast