USA: Cheese maker makes plea agreement on spreadable cheese content
Old Fashioned Foods, Inc. of Mayville, Milwaukee, has entered a plea agreement to resolve federal charges but maintained it was only trying to improve its product to meet consumer requirements. The company's product was accused to be in breach of product description regulations. Its 'cold pack' cheese spread failed to contain the required 51% cheese after the recipe was changed to make the product easier to spread on bread and crackers. The product contained about 4% less cheese than the stipulated requirement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China