USA: Cheese maker makes plea agreement on spreadable cheese content
Old Fashioned Foods, Inc. of Mayville, Milwaukee, has entered a plea agreement to resolve federal charges but maintained it was only trying to improve its product to meet consumer requirements. The company's product was accused to be in breach of product description regulations. Its 'cold pack' cheese spread failed to contain the required 51% cheese after the recipe was changed to make the product easier to spread on bread and crackers. The product contained about 4% less cheese than the stipulated requirement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre