ROMANIA: Chef on the run after bad mayonnaise causes sickness
Fifty-seven children at a Cluj institute for mentally deficient youngsters were sickened late on Tuesday after consuming potato salad prepared with bad mayonnaise. The children, including ten who were seriously affected, were taken to hospital for treatment. Public health official Adrian Teodoru told press that five officials at the institute have been fined US$960 for the oversight, a sum equivalent to an average yearly wage. Authorities are still looking for the cook, however, who escaped.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action