UK: Children report that avocado is their least favourite food
A survey by scientists from London's University College has shown that cabbage has lost its dubious honour of being the most hated food of small children. The four- and five-year-olds asked to rank a list of 100 common foods, instead ranked avocado at the top of the "hate list", above cabbage and several other traditionally rebuffed green vegetables. Avocado was one of only ten foods that received minus marks, along with leeks, marrow, melon and cottage cheese.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning