UK: Children report that avocado is their least favourite food
A survey by scientists from London's University College has shown that cabbage has lost its dubious honour of being the most hated food of small children. The four- and five-year-olds asked to rank a list of 100 common foods, instead ranked avocado at the top of the "hate list", above cabbage and several other traditionally rebuffed green vegetables. Avocado was one of only ten foods that received minus marks, along with leeks, marrow, melon and cottage cheese.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex