CHILE: Chile Salmon Farmers Upset With Critical Report
A study highly critical of Chile's burgeoning salmon and trout export business had industry leaders upset even before its official unveiling in Santiago Tuesday, 29 August.Written by the Santiago-based environmental think tank Terram, the "The Inefficiency of Chilean Salmon Farming" charges that Chile's salmon industry is contaminating Chile's coastal waters and inland lakes with its excessive reliance on antibiotics and has done little to advance the interests of the residents in southern Chile who provide the industry's workforce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO