CHILE: Chile Salmon Farmers Upset With Critical Report
A study highly critical of Chile's burgeoning salmon and trout export business had industry leaders upset even before its official unveiling in Santiago Tuesday, 29 August.Written by the Santiago-based environmental think tank Terram, the "The Inefficiency of Chilean Salmon Farming" charges that Chile's salmon industry is contaminating Chile's coastal waters and inland lakes with its excessive reliance on antibiotics and has done little to advance the interests of the residents in southern Chile who provide the industry's workforce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target