CHILE: Chile's largest supermarket plans to invest US$144m
Distribucion y Servicio ( D&S ) holding, the largest operator in Chile's supermarket sector, plans to invest US$144m in the construction of 12 new outlets. D&S, which operates 38 outlets in the Ekono , Lider and Almac chains and prodcues 27.8% of domestic supermarket sales, is seeking to consolidate its market position following increased competition from multinationals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund