FRANCE: Chilled foods firm Stalaven in strategic deal
France-based chilled food group Stalaven has acquired a 33% stake in Les 3 Gourmands, maker of ultra-fresh salad products and chilled starters.
With four French facilities and a Polish manufacturing site, family-run Stalaven is on-target for sales of EUR210m (US$297m) this year.
The stake in the smaller family business Les 3 Gourmands offers Stalaven access to a more centralised location, to the east of Orleans, while complementing its existing products with an extensive range of premium starters.
With 85% of its sales in multiple retailers the Herrmann family, which owns Les 3 Gourmands, will benefit from Stalaven's presence in smaller, specialist outlets.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1