CHINA: China controls over 70% of global aquaculture production, says FAO
China generates 70.2% of global aquaculture production, according to statistics recently released by the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO). The FAO also noted that all top ten producers of aquaculture products are located in Asia. Ichiro Nomura, assistant director-general of the Fisheries Department of the FAO, is quoted in the China Daily newspaper as saying: "I've been impressed by China's progress in agriculture including aquaculture."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO