CHINA: China faces a foodservice revolution
China, with a population approaching 1.3bn, is undergoing a foodservice revolution, according to a new report. The expanding middle-class is developing a taste for fastfood and quick service restaurants, a preliminary study from BIS Shrapnel indicates. Senior foodservice consultant Dr Sandro Mangosi comments: "The catering sector is expanding rapidly and China's recent World Trade Organisation membership and the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games will attract even more players and more customers. China has the potential to become the world's largest foodservice market."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report