CHINA: China Food Co loses major shareholder
China Food Co, the leading Chinese manufacturer of cooking and dipping sauces, has parted ways with one of its "major" shareholders.
China Food Co said today (16 January) that Hana Mulsan Co has sold its entire 12.3% stake in the firm, consisting of 8.8m ordinary shares. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
"These ordinary shares have been successfully placed in full with a number of UK institutional investors," said the group, which is based in China's Shandong province. It did not give any reason for the sale.
China Food Company Plc (AIM:CFC), the leading Chinese manufacturer of cooking and dipping sauces, announces that on 14 January 2013 Hana Mulsan Co., Ltd ("Hana Mulsan"), one of the Company's major shareholders with 12.3% of the issued share capital, sold its entire stake of 8,809,195 Ordinary Shares. These Ordinary Shares have been successfully placed in full with a number of UK institutional investors.
Original source: http://www.chinafoodcompany.com/
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Why Pinnacle Foods faces work on Boulder Brands
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- What could be benefit of US approval of GM salmon?
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Fonterra, Bellamy's strike baby nutritionals partn
- Unilever sets 2030 carbon positive goal
- Emmi acquires US firm Redwood Hill Farm
- PepsiCo to expand Frito-Lay plant in US