CHINA: China puts import alert on US foods
China's food watchdog has put 12 US food products on a 90-day import alert, according to local reports.
The products, which include chocolate, almonds, lemon juice, cheese, herbs and health care tablets, are understood to contain a banned dye or excessive additives or preservatives, Reuters reported today (10 December).
The products are undergoing "tightened checks", China's General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) said.
The alert comes as the US maintains a ban on imports of food from China, unless they can show they are free of dairy or free of melamine.
Sectors: Food safety
It's been a rocky few months for Fonterra, the New Zealand dairy giant and the world's largest dairy exporter....
China's new food safety law came into force this week but much uncertainty remains over how it will be implemented....
American Dairy has posted an "exceptional" growth rate for the first-quarter with increases in net income and sales....
A carcinogenic protein derived from leather has been found in milk products made by a Chinese dairy....
New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra has confirmed that it intends to triple its milk exports to the Chinese market during the current fiscal year....
Liquid milk producer China Mengniu Dairy reportedly plans to invest in expanding its raw milk production in China this year....
China Mengniu Dairy Co. said today (16 April) that the business swung into the red last year due to the fall-out from the contaminated milk scandal that rocked the industry last autumn....
Fonterra has shaken up the management team behind the dairy giant's business in China....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review