CHINA: China to be formally admitted to the WTO today
China was due today [Monday] to be granted membership of the World Trade Organisation, following 15 years of often intense negotiations, although its cereal industry is to retain a significant level of tariff protection. After implementing all the promises it has made in the bilateral deals which paved the way for WTO membership; these include a pledge from China that it will not maintain or introduce any export subsidies on food products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin