CHINA: China to loosen restrictions on US GM food imports?
The Chinese government is to give departments the green light to issue import certificates for GM foods, in a significant move towards allaying US concerns. The Ministry of Agriculture will publish rules on the procedures to be followed later this month. Several biotechnology test centres will be given the go-ahead to issue the safety certificate before the new rules come into effect, sources at the ministry said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units