NETHERLANDS: China's Yili opens European R&D centre
Yili opens European R&D facility
Chinese dairy company Yili Group has opened a research and development centre in the Netherlands in partnership with Wageningen University.
Speaking at the opening ceremony yesterday (25 February), Yili chairman Pan Gang emphasised the central role that European-based R&D will play to the development of Yili's offering.
"What kind of dairy products are needed in the future is a great challenge as well as a great opportunity. Confronted with the challenge and opportunity, Europe will become the most important part in the global R&D system of Yili."
The new facility will focus on milk cow cultivation, dairy product research and food security, the company said.
The move comes as the Chinese dairy company looks to increase its exposure to international dairy expertise. Yili has established partnerships with a number of international companies, including the US's Dairy Farmers of America and Italy's Sterilgarda.
While demand for dairy products is rising rapidly in China, consumers are concerned over product safety following several high-profile health scares.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global dairy food market during June 2014. Summa...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Whey Protein Ingredients in Thousand Pounds (lbs). The report analyzes the market for Whey Protein Ingredients as a single consolidated segment. The repo...
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Brownes Dairy owner Archer Capital "eyes sale"
- Lindt adds Hello Bites to US portfolio