NETHERLANDS: China's Yili opens European R&D centre
Yili opens European R&D facility
Chinese dairy company Yili Group has opened a research and development centre in the Netherlands in partnership with Wageningen University.
Speaking at the opening ceremony yesterday (25 February), Yili chairman Pan Gang emphasised the central role that European-based R&D will play to the development of Yili's offering.
"What kind of dairy products are needed in the future is a great challenge as well as a great opportunity. Confronted with the challenge and opportunity, Europe will become the most important part in the global R&D system of Yili."
The new facility will focus on milk cow cultivation, dairy product research and food security, the company said.
The move comes as the Chinese dairy company looks to increase its exposure to international dairy expertise. Yili has established partnerships with a number of international companies, including the US's Dairy Farmers of America and Italy's Sterilgarda.
While demand for dairy products is rising rapidly in China, consumers are concerned over product safety following several high-profile health scares.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global dairy food market during June 2014. Summa...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Whey Protein Ingredients in Thousand Pounds (lbs). The report analyzes the market for Whey Protein Ingredients as a single consolidated segment. The repo...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- McDonald's antibiotics move may be seminal moment
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Green Giant talk underlines pressure at Gen Mills
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Heinz to cut 71 jobs at UK plant
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus