NETHERLANDS: China's Yili opens European R&D centre
Yili opens European R&D facility
Chinese dairy company Yili Group has opened a research and development centre in the Netherlands in partnership with Wageningen University.
Speaking at the opening ceremony yesterday (25 February), Yili chairman Pan Gang emphasised the central role that European-based R&D will play to the development of Yili's offering.
"What kind of dairy products are needed in the future is a great challenge as well as a great opportunity. Confronted with the challenge and opportunity, Europe will become the most important part in the global R&D system of Yili."
The new facility will focus on milk cow cultivation, dairy product research and food security, the company said.
The move comes as the Chinese dairy company looks to increase its exposure to international dairy expertise. Yili has established partnerships with a number of international companies, including the US's Dairy Farmers of America and Italy's Sterilgarda.
While demand for dairy products is rising rapidly in China, consumers are concerned over product safety following several high-profile health scares.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV
- TreeHouse rationalises production network
- Danish Crown profits slide in "tough" market