NETHERLANDS: China's Yili opens European R&D centre
Yili opens European R&D facility
Chinese dairy company Yili Group has opened a research and development centre in the Netherlands in partnership with Wageningen University.
Speaking at the opening ceremony yesterday (25 February), Yili chairman Pan Gang emphasised the central role that European-based R&D will play to the development of Yili's offering.
"What kind of dairy products are needed in the future is a great challenge as well as a great opportunity. Confronted with the challenge and opportunity, Europe will become the most important part in the global R&D system of Yili."
The new facility will focus on milk cow cultivation, dairy product research and food security, the company said.
The move comes as the Chinese dairy company looks to increase its exposure to international dairy expertise. Yili has established partnerships with a number of international companies, including the US's Dairy Farmers of America and Italy's Sterilgarda.
While demand for dairy products is rising rapidly in China, consumers are concerned over product safety following several high-profile health scares.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global dairy food market during June 2014. Summa...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Whey Protein Ingredients in Thousand Pounds (lbs). The report analyzes the market for Whey Protein Ingredients as a single consolidated segment. The repo...
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes