NETHERLANDS: China's Yili opens European R&D centre
Yili opens European R&D facility
Chinese dairy company Yili Group has opened a research and development centre in the Netherlands in partnership with Wageningen University.
Speaking at the opening ceremony yesterday (25 February), Yili chairman Pan Gang emphasised the central role that European-based R&D will play to the development of Yili's offering.
"What kind of dairy products are needed in the future is a great challenge as well as a great opportunity. Confronted with the challenge and opportunity, Europe will become the most important part in the global R&D system of Yili."
The new facility will focus on milk cow cultivation, dairy product research and food security, the company said.
The move comes as the Chinese dairy company looks to increase its exposure to international dairy expertise. Yili has established partnerships with a number of international companies, including the US's Dairy Farmers of America and Italy's Sterilgarda.
While demand for dairy products is rising rapidly in China, consumers are concerned over product safety following several high-profile health scares.
Canadean's "Dairy Farmers of America, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profil...
Dairy Farmers of America, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Dairy Products in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Milk Powder, Butter, Cheese, Ice Cream and Related Products, Yogurt and Related Products...
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- On the money: Hershey confident in NPD pipeline
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- Chobani bid for fresh UK appeal rejected
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam