CHINA: Chine to okay entry of Chilean fruit
A visit to China by Chile's Agriculture Minister, Jaime Campos, during the week beginning 16 October, has set the stage for an agreement to allow greater access to China's market for Chile's fresh fruit exports.Campos, together with China Agriculture Undersecretary Zhang Baowen, worked on final details of the agreement, which is expected to be formally signed during November.Once finalized, the deal will mean that Chile becomes the second nation, after the US, to be given preferential treatment for its fresh fruit exports. Chile's stonefruit exports to China are expected to benefit especially from the accord.On 17 October, Campos also attended the inauguration of a unique Chinese farm, built by Chile's Federation of Fruit Growers, Fedefruta. The 24 hectare farm, developed with the help of theUniversity of Chile's Agronomy Department, will serve as a kind of experimental station for developing stonefruit and table grapes varieties and should be in full production within three years.Campos said the experimental farm is designed to help both countries exchange agricultural information and foster the transfer of technology. This is the third such experimental farm to be created in China, after similar programs by Israel and Holland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016