USA: Chiquita achieves major milestone in environmental and social certification of banana farms
Chiquita Brands International, Inc. (NYSE: CQB) announced yesterday that it has achieved a major milestone in its work with the Rainforest Alliance's Better Banana Project (BBP) -- the certification of 100 percent of its owned banana farms in Latin America. The Better Banana Project is the leading international certification program for environmental and social standards on banana farms, and is managed by the Rainforest Alliance, an U.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations