USA: Chiquita announces second quarter results
Chiquita Brands International, Inc. yesterday reported second quarter 2001 earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of $47 million compared to $69 million for the second quarter of 2000. Second quarter earnings before interest and taxes were $24 million in 2001 and $44 million in 2000. The Company reported an after-tax loss of $9 million ($.16 per share) before $2 million ($.03 per share) of parent company debt restructuring costs in the current quarter. In the second quarter of 2000, earnings were $11 million ($.10 per share) before an extraordinary gain of $2 million ($.03 per share) from debt prepayments.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin