USA: Chiquita announces second quarter results
Chiquita Brands International, Inc. yesterday reported second quarter 2001 earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of $47 million compared to $69 million for the second quarter of 2000. Second quarter earnings before interest and taxes were $24 million in 2001 and $44 million in 2000. The Company reported an after-tax loss of $9 million ($.16 per share) before $2 million ($.03 per share) of parent company debt restructuring costs in the current quarter. In the second quarter of 2000, earnings were $11 million ($.10 per share) before an extraordinary gain of $2 million ($.03 per share) from debt prepayments.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch