USA: Chiquita - bankruptcy beckons after big banana slip up - COMMENT
Chiquita's auditors, Ernst & Young, have questioned the group's continued viability. The EU's introduction of new banana import restrictions, after a WTO ruling that its previous regime was illegal, forced an adjustment from big US producers. Chiquita's decision to defy this ruling has cost it dear and may well lead the company into financial ruin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival