USA: Chiquita - bankruptcy beckons after big banana slip up - COMMENT
Chiquita's auditors, Ernst & Young, have questioned the group's continued viability. The EU's introduction of new banana import restrictions, after a WTO ruling that its previous regime was illegal, forced an adjustment from big US producers. Chiquita's decision to defy this ruling has cost it dear and may well lead the company into financial ruin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance