USA: Chiquita bankruptcy judge approves solicitation of votes on debt restructuring
Fruit and vegetable marketing and distributing giant Chiquita Brands International announced this weekend that Judge J. Vincent Aug, Jr. authorized the company to solicit votes on its Pre-Arranged Plan of Reorganization under Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code. The Plan provides for the restructuring of the publicly held debt and equity securities of Chiquita Brands International, which is a parent holding company without any business operations of its own. The Plan does not affect the Company's business operations, which are conducted by independent subsidiaries that generate positive cash flow and have access to their own credit facilities. These subsidiaries continue to operate normally, and their creditors will be unaffected.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action