USA: Chiquita bankruptcy judge approves solicitation of votes on debt restructuring
Fruit and vegetable marketing and distributing giant Chiquita Brands International announced this weekend that Judge J. Vincent Aug, Jr. authorized the company to solicit votes on its Pre-Arranged Plan of Reorganization under Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code. The Plan provides for the restructuring of the publicly held debt and equity securities of Chiquita Brands International, which is a parent holding company without any business operations of its own. The Plan does not affect the Company's business operations, which are conducted by independent subsidiaries that generate positive cash flow and have access to their own credit facilities. These subsidiaries continue to operate normally, and their creditors will be unaffected.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund