USA: Chiquita Brands sells stake in Florida citrus joint venture
US food firm Chiquita Brands International has announced that it has sold its interest in its Florida citrus joint venture, The Packers of Indian River, to its joint venture partner for an undisclosed amount of cash and the assumption of debt. Fort Pierce, Florida-based Packers of Indian River is a produce company that grows and packs grapefruit and other citrus products, Chiquita said. The company's assets include two packinghouses and approximately 6,000 acres of groves.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO