USA: Chiquita Brands sells stake in Florida citrus joint venture
US food firm Chiquita Brands International has announced that it has sold its interest in its Florida citrus joint venture, The Packers of Indian River, to its joint venture partner for an undisclosed amount of cash and the assumption of debt. Fort Pierce, Florida-based Packers of Indian River is a produce company that grows and packs grapefruit and other citrus products, Chiquita said. The company's assets include two packinghouses and approximately 6,000 acres of groves.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund