USA: Chiquita completes $120 million credit facility
Chiquita Brands International, Inc. (NYSE: CQB) today announced that its principal operating subsidiary, Chiquita Brands, Inc. has completed its previously announced three-year $120 million secured credit facility with Foothill Capital Corporation and Ableco Finance LLC. The new facility, which consists of a term loan of $75 million and a revolving credit facility of $45 million, has been used to repay $50 million of maturing subsidiary debt. The remaining amounts are for seasonal working capital needs and other general corporate purposes. The completion of this credit facility will not alter Chiquita's previously announced financial restructuring initiative.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations