USA: Chiquita completes $120 million credit facility
Chiquita Brands International, Inc. (NYSE: CQB) today announced that its principal operating subsidiary, Chiquita Brands, Inc. has completed its previously announced three-year $120 million secured credit facility with Foothill Capital Corporation and Ableco Finance LLC. The new facility, which consists of a term loan of $75 million and a revolving credit facility of $45 million, has been used to repay $50 million of maturing subsidiary debt. The remaining amounts are for seasonal working capital needs and other general corporate purposes. The completion of this credit facility will not alter Chiquita's previously announced financial restructuring initiative.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China